What happens when you poke the bear with a stick?
At this point, the Russian Foreign minister has indicated that Russia “does not want to go to war with Turkey”.
HOWEVER, the crisis is far from over – Russia is beginning to hurt Turkey in other ways:
- Russia’s Foreign Ministry has urged the country’s citizens to defer all travel to Turkey and advised all Russians currently in Turkey to depart as soon as possible.
- Russia immediately deployed advanced air defence in Syria, placing herself in a far better defensive position from which to launch an invasion in future.
- Instinctively, Russia begun bombarding Turkmen insurgents, who have ethnic ties to Turkey — ignoring demands made by Turkey over the past week to end its military operations close to the Turkish border.
- Russia is planning and executing a range of economic sanctions against Turkey.
- Russia is denying entry to Turkish citizens.
- The Kremlin has arrested a number of Turkish businessmen in Russia.
- Russian no longer considers Turkey to be an ally.
Its hard for anyone to see how this situation might de-escalate in the long term especially as this incident seems to be a symptom of a broader historical problem between the Russians and Turks.
Given the trail of prophetic fulfillment over the last few months who knows what might happen next. We await in anticipation!
- Why Russia will take Turkey
- Are ISIS the ‘Hooks in the Jaws’ spoken of by Ezekiel?
- Three Similarities between Putin and Gog
- Russia’s Holy War in Syria
- Russia Doubles its Presence in Syria
- Russia’s occupation of Syria and Iraq in the Prophets
- The Symbol of a Nation of Fierce Countenance